School continues to be tough. I'm trying to take three Japanese classes and two English classes all at once. If I didn't have people supporting me from everywhere that would probably be too much already.
Luckily, I did have enough time, with a little to spare. The main programmer and I have managed to tackle the data problem--that is, the ability to stick information about all the monsters, skills and items into a few convenient files and have the game read that when necessary. I thought that would be a huge task, but it was deceptively easy.
Besides helping me, said programmer is also working on the basics of the battle screen, so you'll be able to actually make the choices and eventually see them function. There's a lot to do with that, but it is the core of the game, after all. Once battling works, most of the work will be building on that. Considering we had no plans to put a lot of time in this month, I'm pretty pleased that we got this much done.
In other news, we're working on another major character, to reveal in more detail in the future. Check out some of the concept art below.